Centre for Cultural Heritage Preservationasala aqel
Ahlan Wa Sahlan !
Since its establishment in 2001, the Centre for Cultural Heritage Preservation (CCHP) has been privileged to lead the way in preserving tangible and intangible cultural heritage resources, and targeting towns and villages in Bethlehem governorate in efforts to link the past with the present and safeguard our heritage as a manifestation of Palestinian culture, history and identity.
CCHP has succeeded in renovating 41 traditional buildings and 11 urban and infrastructure projects throughout towns and villages in Bethlehem governorate. These projects created short term employment of over 110,000 working days and provided over 130 long term job opportunities.
objectives2 To complement these efforts, CCHP implements awareness-raising campaigns to draw attention to the importance of cultural heritage preservation for the future of Palestinian society. CCHP also formulates conservation plans for towns and villages and conducts research and studies on cultural heritage and its role in
sustainable development. CCHP played a fundamental role in the preparation of the Nomination Dossiers for inscribing Bethlehem and Battir on the UNESCO World Heritage List.
1. Preserving Palestinian cultural heritage and utilizing it as a tool for development;
2. Building local capacities in conservation techniques and methods of rehabilitation;
3. Generating employment that aims at improving the quality of life of the local inhabitants;
4. Raising community awareness to the value and importance of cultural heritage.
- H.E. Rula Ma'aya, Minister of Tourism and Antiquities;
- Mr. Yousef Tartouri, General Director of the Heritage General Directorate;
- Mr. Shokri Radayda, Director General of Directorate of Local Government - Bethlehem;
- Dr. Hamdan Taha, Heritage Expert;
- Undersecretary of Antiquities Department.
- Arch. Issam Juha, Director
- Ms. Faten Fararjeh, Personnel Administrator
- Ms. Ghadeer Abed Rabbo, Chief Accountant
- Ms. Rana Murra, Accountant
- Mr. Nicola Khalilieh, Information System Manager
- Mr. Rami Qiesieh, Legal Advisor
- Ms. Mays Salsa', Head of Public Awareness & PR Unit
- Architect Luma Khoury, Head of Rehabilitation Unit
- Architect Faten Lafi, Rehabilitation Unit
- Architect Mohammed Kattoush, Rehabilitation Unit
- Architect Majid Shawawrah, Rehabilitation Unit
- Engineer Majdi Jarayseh, Rehabilitation Unit
- Engineer Anton Abu Ghattas, Rehabilitation Unit
- Architect Salaam Bannourah, Head of Research and Training Unit
- Architect Tamara Hodali, Resreach and Training Unit
- Architect Fuad Sleibi, Research and Training Unit
- Mr. George Al-Ama, Research and Training Unit
- Ms. Rima Kattan, Executive Secretary
- Ms. Miramar Roumi, Secretary
- Mr. Ahmad Fannoun, Staff
- Ms. Sa’dia Abu Hthael, Staff
Al-Anatreh Street, Dar Hazboun - Al-Ein
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org